N-Butyl acetate, referred to as butyl acetate. Colorless and transparent liquid with pleasant fruity odor. The lower homologues are hard to dissolve in water; miscible with organic solvents such as alcohols, ethers and ketones. Flammable. Acute toxicity is small, but it has strong irritation to eyes and nose, and can cause anesthesia at high concentrations. N-Butyl acetate is an excellent organic solvent. It has good solubility for ethyl cellulose, cellulose acetate butyrate, polystyrene, methacrylic resin, chlorinated rubber and many natural gums.
1. It is an excellent organic solvent, widely used in nitrocellulose varnish, used as a solvent in the processing of artificial leather, fabrics and plastics, and also used in the perfume industry
2. GB 2760-96 stipulates that it is permitted to use edible spices. As a spice, it is widely used in the preparation of banana, pear, pineapple, apricot, peach, strawberry, and berry flavors. It can also be used as a solvent for natural rubber and synthetic resin.
3. Occasionally used in fruity flavors, it is mainly used for its good spreading power, and it is more suitable for use as a top fragrance, but the amount should be small, so as not to stand out alone and affect the effect. It can be widely used in edible flavors such as apricots, bananas, peaches, pears, pineapples, raspberries, and strawberries.
4. Excellent organic solvent, good for cellulose acetate butyrate, ethyl cellulose, chlorinated rubber, polystyrene, methacrylic resin and many natural resins such as tannin extract, manila gum, damar resin, etc. Solubility. Widely used in nitrocellulose varnish, used as a solvent in the processing of artificial leather, fabrics and plastics, used as an extractant in various petroleum processing and pharmaceutical processes, and also used in spice compounding and apricot, banana, pear, pineapple, etc. The ingredients of various fragrances.
5. Used in collodion, nitrocellulose, varnish, artificial leather, medicine, plastics and perfume industries. It is an excellent organic solvent that can dissolve rosin, polyvinyl acetate, polyacrylate, polyvinyl chloride, and chlorinated rubber , Eucommia gum, polymethyl methacrylate, etc.
6. Used as analytical reagents, chromatographic analysis standard materials and solvents
It has a strong stimulating effect on the eyes and upper respiratory tract, and has an anesthetic effect. Inhalation of high concentrations of this product will cause symptoms such as tearing, sore throat, cough, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. In severe cases, cardiovascular and nervous system diseases may occur, which can cause conjunctivitis, keratitis, and vacuole formation in the corneal epithelium. Skin contact can cause dry skin.
It is flammable, its vapor and air can form deflagration mixture. It can cause combustion and explosion in case of open flame and high temperature. It can react with oxidants. Its vapor density is higher than that of air, and it can spread to a considerable distance at a lower place, and it will cause burning when it encounters an open flame  .
Store in a cool and dry place.
Commonly used organic solvents. Verification of thallium, tin and tungsten. Determination of molybdenum and rhenium. Antibiotic extractant. Use nitrocellulose and lacquer solvents. It is often used as a fruit flavor, mainly for the preparation of banana, raspberry, strawberry and cream flavors.
Flash point (℃): 22
Lower explosion limit (%): 1.2
Upper explosion limit (%): 7.5
Extinguishing agent: alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide, dry powder, sandy soil.
Precautions for fire fighting: fire with water is ineffective, but water can be used to keep the container in the fire scene cool.
It is flammable. Its vapor and air can form an explosive mixture, which can cause combustion and explosion when exposed to open flames and high heat energy. It can react with oxidants. Its vapor is heavier than air and can spread to a considerable distance at a lower place, and will ignite when it encounters a fire source.
Hazardous combustion products: carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Store in a low-temperature ventilated place, away from fire and heat sources. It is stored and transported in equal parts with oxidants, acids and bases. It is forbidden to use tools that are prone to sparks.
Extinguishing: alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide, dry powder, sandy soil.
Skin contact: Take off contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
Eye contact: Lift the eyelid immediately and rinse with plenty of running water or normal saline for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
Inhalation: quickly leave the scene to a place with fresh air. Keep the airway unobstructed. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If breathing stops, give artificial respiration immediately. Seek medical attention.
Ingestion: Drink enough warm water to induce vomiting.
Fire fighting method
Use alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide, dry powder, and sand to extinguish the fire. Using water to extinguish a fire is ineffective, but water can be used to keep the containers in the fire scene cool.
Quickly evacuate personnel from the contaminated area to a safe area, isolate them, and strictly restrict access. Cut off the fire source. It is recommended that emergency personnel wear self-contained positive pressure respirators and anti-static overalls. Cut off the source of leakage as much as possible. Prevent entry into restricted spaces such as sewers and flood drains.
Use activated carbon or other inert materials to absorb. It can also be washed with a large amount of water, and the washing water is diluted and put into the waste water system.
A large number of leaks
Build a dike or dig a pit for shelter. Cover with foam to reduce steam hazards. Use explosion-proof pump to transfer to tank truck or special collector, recycle or transport to waste disposal site for disposal.
Principles of Operation
Airtight operation, full ventilation. Operators must undergo special training and strictly abide by the operating procedures. It is recommended that operators wear self-priming filter respirators (half-face masks), chemical safety glasses, anti-static overalls, and rubber oil-resistant gloves. Keep away from fire and heat sources, and smoking is strictly prohibited in the workplace. Use explosion-proof ventilation systems and equipment. Prevent the vapor from leaking into the air in the workplace. Avoid contact with oxidants, acids, alkalis. During filling, the flow rate should be controlled, and there should be a grounding device to prevent static electricity from accumulating. When handling, load and unload with care to prevent damage to packaging and containers. Equipped with corresponding types and quantities of fire-fighting equipment and leakage emergency treatment equipment. Empty containers may be harmful residues.
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat sources. The storage temperature should not exceed 30°C. Keep the container tightly closed. It should be stored separately from oxidants, acids and alkalis, and avoid mixed storage. Use explosion-proof lighting and ventilation facilities. It is forbidden to use mechanical equipment and tools that are prone to sparks. The storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment and suitable storage materials.
1. This product is a Class II flammable product and should be kept away from fire sources.
2. When loading and unloading, please load and unload lightly to prevent damage to packaging and containers, and to prevent static electricity from accumulating.
3. The product should be stored in a cool, ventilated warehouse. The temperature of the warehouse should not exceed 30°C to prevent direct sunlight and keep the container tightly closed. It should be stored separately from oxidants. The storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency equipment and suitable containment materials.
4. The workplace should be ventilated, and operators should wear protective equipment.